Down the drain
Internet connection problems can, sometimes, be traced to a corrupted DNS cache.
Flushing this cache is an easy fix to many of these problems.
Here is how to fix that corrupted DNS cache in vista.
- Click the Microsoft Start logo in the bottom left corner of the screen
- Click All Programs
- Click Accessories
- Right-click on Command Prompt
- Select Run As Administrator
- To view the DNS cache, type ipconfig /displaydns at a command prompt.
- In the command window type the following and then hit enter: ipconfig /flushdns
- You will see the following confirmation:
Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
See all Topics internet