Choose your own location
When you choose to save most Office files, the Save dialog box defaults to the Documents or My Documents folder.
(The following directions work in 2007+, but you need to click on the Office button in the upper left corner of the Window)
- you can change the default location by going to Tools>Options. On the "File Locations" tab you can modify the storage location.
- Tools>Options. On the "General" tab change the default location.
- uses Tools>Options and the "Save" tab.
- Tools>Options and the "General" tab for Databases and Projects
- Tools>Options "General".
- will make you take an underground tour into the Registry to change the location to save e-mail attachments.
- FrontPage/Expression Web
- appears to require the same sort of spelunking.
Change the folder where e-mail messages and attachments are saved
If you don't want to change the default, but would like to be able to quickly go to an alternate site, open the Save or Save Attachment dialog box. On the left side of the box is the Places Navigation bar. If you click the Desktop icon, that location will be used to save the file.
You can add spots to the bar. Browse to the specific folder. Highlight the folder and click the down arrow beside the Tools option. Select "Add to My Places."
The file or e-mail attachment can then be saved where you want.
See all Topics internet